FANDOM

­
1,377 Pages

  • After the recent departure of a few staff members, I think our wiki really needs 1 of 2 things :

    A Staff Revamp

    or

    A Wiki Policy Revamp/Mindshift.

    Why a staff revamp?

    Let's admit it, most of our staff members here are either all not serious or are just biased towards one particular thing *let's not war on this topic, it's a true story we all have seen numerous times). Andrey and Mantiix left for the sole purpose : they knew this wiki was not worth it ; although Mantiix said he was leaving for personal reasons but hey, that's what most of them all say before leaving. If staff members don't change themselves, I don't think this place will be a pleasant one to stay in for a long while.

    Why a wiki policy revamp/mindshift?

    Can we all just get real for once and notice the fact that the polices have not been changed for a way long time? I'll get to that real quick but there's this thing I'm gonna talk about and most of you may hate me/go against me for saying this but (this is aimed at the B'crats but remember, I got no grudge against you guys) the B'crats here are too delicately treated.

    For example : I know I keep saying assumptions are the worst trait of someone but for this time, I'm gonna make one. If someone insults a B'crat but not any other staff member, he is bound to be hated by anyone just because he has his own opinions.

    What usually happens? S/He gets blocked or mocked upon, never to be seen again just because of their one opinion about an user who to be really honest, just has a few more buttons than an admin and nothing more. In simpler words, it's like this : anyone that goes against a B'crat, goes against the whole wiki in MW. That is the simpler truth most of the times. I mean, I have seen wikis where B'crats are treated like normal users and don't need extra respect (except for the Founder of course but then again, it may vary). I know I may sound biased as heck but I'm just stating what I am feeling so I hope this gets no hate whatsoever or any accusations.

    Another thing I wanna get out of my system is that at least in my opinion, the B'crats don't take or implement ideas at all here anymore. (again, it's an opinion and not an assumption - learn the difference) Rarely have I ever seen here an idea get implemented unless it's not related to the wiki's policy system. Basically, what I feel is that anyone that suggests even the slightest bit of change in policy gets their ideas rejected just because the B'crats feel it isn't required.

    Do you have any more to say about this? Can a GTA Logan Wiki 3 be expected soon?

    Indeed. I can state more things that don't seem right here nowadays but for now, this should be enough to see how others react to my viewpoints. I am requesting again, do not accuse me for saying things that I feel as I am not doing anything that goes against the wiki. Found anything I said wrong? Feel free to reply below.]

    I would also suggest not closing this thread unless these things have been discussed of heavily.

    Update : Removed Admin accusations.

      Loading editor
    • I know I sound like a broken record defending Mantiix and shit, but how the fuck do you know why he really left if you didn't talk to him on a private wikia, or talk to him here in PM for over 3 weeks?

        Loading editor
    • I agree with Slash. This could have been a good thread if it didn't devolve into a long attack against Mantiix and basically nothing else.

        Loading editor
    • Also, it is natural that Bureaucrats must be treated with the same level of respect as the wiki's founder, as giving a user Bureaucrats makes him the co-owner of the wiki in a nutshell.

        Loading editor
    • I can't point out a single thing without you coming in and saying that I think the whole thread is a attack against him.

        Loading editor
    • And then the whole wiki fight each other again.

        Loading editor
    • Hopefully that won't happen.

        Loading editor
    • One True Slash wrote: Hopefully that won't happen.

      It'll happen again, one way or another. It's this wiki's way of cleansing itself.

        Loading editor
    • JamesTheNerdKing wrote:

      One True Slash wrote: Hopefully that won't happen.

      It'll happen again, one way or another. It's this wiki's way of cleansing itself.

      I smell something here .....

        Loading editor
    • MythHunter 007 wrote:

      JamesTheNerdKing wrote:

      One True Slash wrote: Hopefully that won't happen.

      It'll happen again, one way or another. It's this wiki's way of cleansing itself.

      I smell something here .....

      You do not see a pattern? At the end of June and July this year, there was infighting and purges, and this has eliminated 2 staff members of the wiki. While it may not happen August, it'll happen eventually, as members get into arguments over simple things, and it boils over.

        Loading editor
    • i agree we need more staff

        Loading editor
    • Awesomeboy, highlighting threads are meant to update users on myths or wiki news; not your rants.

      Aside from the insulting nature of your post, it wasn't in the least bit accurate. Can you back up your claims that whenever someone disagrees with a bureaucrat they get blocked? Or how about the one where you say Bureaucrats don't implement any ideas? HoF, Community Birthdays, and UotM were all implemented by me - a Bureaucrat. You are on a witch hunt, and the community isn't falling for your exaggerations. These lies and dumbfounded claims that have been spindled by you and Gunshow are in violation of GTA Myths Wiki:Assume Good Faith and GTA Myths Wiki:Civility . This sort of behavior and total disregard for policy coming from an admin is unacceptable, and will be dealt with if continued.

        Loading editor
    • Boomer8 wrote: Awesomeboy, highlighting threads are meant to update users on myths or wiki news; not your rants.

      Aside from the insulting nature of your post, it wasn't in the least bit accurate. Can you back up your claims that whenever someone disagrees with a bureaucrat they get blocked? Or how about the one where you say Bureaucrats don't implement any ideas? HoF, Community Birthdays, and UotM were all implemented by me - a Bureaucrat. You are on a witch hunt, and the community isn't falling for your exaggerations. These lies and dumbfounded claims that have been spindled by you and Gunshow are in violation of GTA Myths Wiki:Assume Good Faith and GTA Myths Wiki:Civility . This sort of behavior and total disregard for policy coming from an admin is unacceptable, and will be dealt with if continued.

      When you think about it, GTA Wiki had most of what we have here now, except they had it first.

        Loading editor
    • No, they didn't actually. Didn't have the HoF, don't have Community Birthdays, not sure about the UotM. 

        Loading editor
    • It goes both ways. Most of the policy was imported from GTA Wiki and vice versa. Most of the features were imported from GTA Wiki and vice versa. That's the reason we are affiliates, to allow both wikis to grow without any specific licensing/copyright issue.

        Loading editor
    • Boomer8 wrote: Awesomeboy, highlighting threads are meant to update users on myths or wiki news; not your rants.

      Aside from the insulting nature of your post, it wasn't in the least bit accurate. Can you back up your claims that whenever someone disagrees with a bureaucrat they get blocked? Or how about the one where you say Bureaucrats don't implement any ideas? HoF, Community Birthdays, and UotM were all implemented by me - a Bureaucrat. You are on a witch hunt, and the community isn't falling for your exaggerations. These lies and dumbfounded claims that have been spindled by you and Gunshow are in violation of GTA Myths Wiki:Assume Good Faith and GTA Myths Wiki:Civility . This sort of behavior and total disregard for policy coming from an admin is unacceptable, and will be dealt with if continued.

      I agree with what Boomer said. Awesomeboy has been "sour grapes" ever since his RfP failed. All this post demonstrates is how he still has an axe to grind with me and Boomer.

      As far as activity, collectively everyone on the Wiki is less active than a year ago, and the year before that. There is no new material to write about because there has not been a new game released in 4 years. I am still very active and perform all of the duties required of me as well as Boomer.

      Awesomeboy seems to only complain but not present any new viable ideas to add more interest to the Wiki. He is an Admin and should be brainstorming and trying to promotes myths, instead he wants to whine on and on how the Bureaucrats and the wiki at large is falling apart.

      From what I see, Awesomeboy has been petering out and is trying to drag everyone down with him into the negative bleak hole he has put himself in. All he is doing is burning bridges with the staff and making it harder and harder to work with him. His regressive attitude and constant negativity has become a daily chore to deal with at this point.

        Loading editor
    • Let's quiet this down already. Awesome has a point, the crats are usually inactive, and the wiki at large isn't great. Although it's not as bad as late last year, it's still inactive to a point. While I do believe Awesome doesn't like the current crats, that doesn't justify certain comments made by both sides. Yes, AwesomeBoy really hasn't done much to promote the wiki (slash made the twitter account, so he's trying to do things in that field) and but he's got some good points.

        Loading editor
    • JamesTheNerdKing wrote: Let's quiet this down already. Awesome has a point, the crats are usually inactive, and the wiki at large isn't great. Although it's not as bad as late last year, it's still inactive to a point. While I do believe Awesome doesn't like the current crats, that doesn't justify certain comments made by both sides. Yes, AwesomeBoy really hasn't done much to promote the wiki (slash made the twitter account, so he's trying to do things in that field) and but he's got some good points.

      Well that's your perspective. That facts differ. I am active. Boomer is active. If you think this Wiki is such a dump then why bother wasting your time here? Awesomeboy is completely inaccurate in the allegations he puts forth on all accounts and his proposals are ridiculous. We need positive +++ people on here who can do constructive things for the Wiki. Nobody likes a downer...

        Loading editor
    • Indeed, the wiki needs positive people, who can see the bright side, but there's no denying the bad parts. While you aren't fully inactive (months on end) it's quiet for about 2 weeks, then a spurge of activity. Boomer is the same. Facts do not differ, they are the same. Opinions differ. Yes it is my perspective, but it's other's perspectives, mainly the ones who leave.

        Loading editor
    • Are you referring to Mantiix? I don't know why he decided to leave but it wasn't because I am not available 24-7.

        Loading editor
    • Sasquatch101 wrote: Are you referring to Mantiix? I don't know why he decided to leave but it wasn't because I am not available 24-7.

      No. I am referring to older members, like Vault, Monk, etc.

        Loading editor
    • Vault left because (my opinion) the community was not giving him the respect he deserved. Monk was never an "older member", in fact I got along fine with him and he left because for unknown reasons. However Monk did try and besmirch the Myth Wiki on GTA Wiki and tried to sever the two wikis as affiliates. I don't know what these two leaving has to do with anything being discussed here.

        Loading editor
    • It has to do with this conversation, because these two left because of the bad aspects of the wiki. Monk wanted to make the two wiki's unaffiliated because he didn't want the GTA Wiki to be known to be with this wiki, and he had good reaosns. Vault left for the same reaons: he didn't like the current situation. https://www.reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:92921

        Loading editor
    • You don't know what you're talking about. You are just pulling names out of a hat and trying to make up reasons why they left. Monk was completely out of line saying the shit he said about this wiki and he acknowledged that. I have no clue why you are trying to dredge up the past but at this point I think you are here only to make chaos. Your obvious disdain for the wiki shows your bad intentions.

        Loading editor
    • I have no disdain for the wiki. That is in the past. Boomer was out of line for his response, as instead of a calm comment, explaining his counterreasons, he attacked Monk, forcing him to take it down. I am not "pulling names out of a hat and making up reasons" I am using evidence (link) and there's evidence in Monks post. Monk never said he was out of line, he said in the summary of him taking it down "this was a mistake" because he realized it would bring the mess from here over to GTA Wiki. You're slightly inactive, but it's alright, because you have a life. You and Boomer are the oldest here, as the others are teens.

        Loading editor
    • http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Message_Wall:Boomer8 You've been talking doom and gloom for months. Boomer was absolutely right in refuting the lies Monk put forth and sticking up for the wiki. Monk and I have no beef. He's a good guy, but was completely wrong in what he did. Your provocative comments on Boomers C.C. wall show you had it out for him for months. Boomer is one of the most honorable people I know, and you slandering him saying he treated Monk unfairly is completely outrageous.

      I'm not going to comment on this any further, but when Boomer sees what you've said about him I'm sure he's going to hit the roof.

        Loading editor
    • That was simply me asking for him to appologize for uncalled for comments. They were not provocative, and if you'll look at Monk's wall, you'll see me telling him something as well. I have not been talking "doom and gloom for months", that was one message asking for his to appologize for his comments making Monk take down the request.

        Loading editor
    • Sasquatch101 wrote:
      Vault left because (my opinion) the community was not giving him the respect he deserved. Monk was never an "older member", in fact I got along fine with him and he left because for unknown reasons. However Monk did try and besmirch the Myth Wiki on GTA Wiki and tried to sever the two wikis as affiliates. I don't know what these two leaving has to do with anything being discussed here.

      I am kinda at fault for that, but I am not sure. He told me on Rickipedia he is quitting right after I had a little conversation with him on his talk page on the GTA Wiki...

        Loading editor
    • JamesTheNerdKing wrote:
      You and Boomer are the oldest here, as the others are teens.

      Btw, I don't think 23 counts as being a teen.

        Loading editor
    • One True Slash wrote:

      JamesTheNerdKing wrote:
      You and Boomer are the oldest here, as the others are teens.

      Btw, I don't think 23 counts as being a teen.

      XD

        Loading editor
    • Most of us here are teens.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.