FANDOM

­
1,381 Pages

  •                                                HALLOWEEN SKINS COMPETITION

                                                          Hosted by One True Slash


                                                               INTRODUCTION

    Hello, dear myth hunters. In the spirit of Hallowe'en I decided to host a special Halloween competition. The idea is simple. All you need to do is create a spooky, scary skin for a Grand Theft Auto game of your choosing. By skin, I do not mean specifically a modding a DFF or a TXD file in the files of your chosen GTA game. As you know, Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto Vice City supports a feature, that allows the original .bmp file of the player model modified with MSPaint, or any other program to be imported into the skin folder in the main game folder. There will be categories for each game in the series. The skins can be that of classic horror movies characters, GTA Myths etc. Just don't copy & paste the skin of some pedestrian who is already a myth. Be creative. Make CJ a Bigfoot, or Trevor Jason Vorhees.

                                                      DEADLINE: November 7th


                                                           CATEGORIES

    Of course, there will be certain categories. No "Vice City skin, pls award best vc skin!!!!11". The categories are...

    • Most Details - Don't make skins that are just a texture of almost how a characters torso looks. Let's say you're making a skin of Yeti. For god's sake, add some detail to it's torso. Don't just leave a big brown spot on it's chest. 
    • Best DDF Modification - This one is for those who'll mod San Andreas an onwards skins. Of course, nobody forces you to modify the DDF file, but if you got the experience, go for it.
    • Originiality - Let's face it. Most people who create skins just stick to ordinary looks. Jason has a nice little mask on, and Bigfoot has his face clean. Have some originality. If it's a serial killer character, add some textures that look like blood on some part of his skin. If it's some sort of a beast, add texture that looks like mud on it. Animals aren't clean and shiny, ya know.

                                            QUESTIONS ANSWERED IN ADVANCE

    Q: Can I use skins of other people (i.e modify them, etc.)

    A: No. Be original for Christ's sake. Unless it's a DFF file, and you aren't capable of making one yourself. A person caught cheating will be disqualified, and will have to wear a special made userbox on his profile for the rest of November.

    Q: Should I upload my skin for download?

    A: Yes. Either upload it to a site of your choosing, or any GTA modding site that allows skins. One that I might suggest is GTAGarage.com. If you don't want to upload it, nobody will oppose you. It's your decision.

    Q: Can I make skins in other games?

    A: No. If you have a low-end PC, that cannot run GTA V or GTA IV, then make a skin for GTA Vice City or GTA III. 


                                                               OTHER

    Anyone can participate. The deadline (as mentioned above) is November 7th. Any skins uploaded after midnight, November 8th will not be counted. I hope you people will enjoy. The winners will be announced either November 8th or November 9th. 


                                                             ENJOY

                                                      -One True Slash (c) (not really) 2016

                                   

      Loading editor
    • Cool idea. I'll be sure to do something if I have the time.

        Loading editor
    • Cant  wait to see other user create their skins.

        Loading editor
    • Lmao, can't wait

        Loading editor
    • Well, it already began

        Loading editor
    • Shall I poost it in a form of a link? Or ss from game?

        Loading editor
    • Ok, so let's go

      • I have made a Zombie skin for Luis Fernando Lopez, TBoGT only
      • Here you can download it
      • Made in 2h, so I didn't have time for any details, onliest zombifying things are:
      Gray skin
      Open wounds
      Clothing soaked in Luis' blood
      • No DDF modification
      • Creativity - well, I can't rate it, YOU need to rate it.

      I think that's all I need.

        Loading editor
    • TheIndependent40 wrote:
      Ok, so let's go
      • I have made a Zombie skin for Luis Fernando Lopez, TBoGT only
      • Here you can download it
      • Made in 2h, so I didn't have time for any details, onliest zombifying things are:
      Gray skin
      Open wounds
      Clothing soaked in Luis' blood
      • No DDF modification
      • Creativity - well, I can't rate it, YOU need to rate it.

      I think that's all I need.

      Great job. Thanks for paying attention to my request to add detail to skins. An average user would of (most likely) just made his skin green and would say "That's it.". So far we have 1 candidate.

        Loading editor
    • One True Slash wrote:
      TheIndependent40 wrote:
      Ok, so let's go
      • I have made a Zombie skin for Luis Fernando Lopez, TBoGT only
      • Here you can download it
      • Made in 2h, so I didn't have time for any details, onliest zombifying things are:
      Gray skin
      Open wounds
      Clothing soaked in Luis' blood
      • No DDF modification
      • Creativity - well, I can't rate it, YOU need to rate it.

      I think that's all I need.

      Great job. Thanks for paying attention to my request to add detail to skins. An average user would of (most likely) just made his skin green and would say "That's it.". So far we have 1 candidate.

      Well, when the skin on hands is easy to color, the skin on head isn't, because the texture of head is transparent.

        Loading editor
    • TheIndependent40 wrote:
      One True Slash wrote:
      TheIndependent40 wrote:
      Ok, so let's go
      • I have made a Zombie skin for Luis Fernando Lopez, TBoGT only
      • Here you can download it
      • Made in 2h, so I didn't have time for any details, onliest zombifying things are:
      Gray skin
      Open wounds
      Clothing soaked in Luis' blood
      • No DDF modification
      • Creativity - well, I can't rate it, YOU need to rate it.

      I think that's all I need.

      Great job. Thanks for paying attention to my request to add detail to skins. An average user would of (most likely) just made his skin green and would say "That's it.". So far we have 1 candidate.
      Well, when the skin on hands is easy to color, the skin on head isn't, because the texture of head is transparent.

      I see. I imagine the fact that you had to avoid coloring hair didn't make it easy, huh?

        Loading editor
    • One True Slash wrote:
      TheIndependent40 wrote:
      One True Slash wrote:
      TheIndependent40 wrote:
      Ok, so let's go
      • I have made a Zombie skin for Luis Fernando Lopez, TBoGT only
      • Here you can download it
      • Made in 2h, so I didn't have time for any details, onliest zombifying things are:
      Gray skin
      Open wounds
      Clothing soaked in Luis' blood
      • No DDF modification
      • Creativity - well, I can't rate it, YOU need to rate it.

      I think that's all I need.

      Great job. Thanks for paying attention to my request to add detail to skins. An average user would of (most likely) just made his skin green and would say "That's it.". So far we have 1 candidate.
      Well, when the skin on hands is easy to color, the skin on head isn't, because the texture of head is transparent.
      I see. I imagine the fact that you had to avoid coloring hair didn't make it easy, huh?

      I just put black background and brightened the face up and it was random, but good

        Loading editor
    • Indep, you're about to win by default. Nobody else competed.

        Loading editor
    • One True Slash wrote:
      Indep, you're about to win by default. Nobody else competed.

      Lol, but there are 2 days left tho, maybe someone is doing something big.

        Loading editor
    • Maybe. I think it's safe to say that you now have two competiton wins under your belt.

        Loading editor
    • One True Slash wrote:
      Maybe. I think it's safe to say that you now have two competiton wins under your belt.

      Yeah, that's right

        Loading editor
    • TheIndependent40 wrote:
      One True Slash wrote:
      Maybe. I think it's safe to say that you now have two competiton wins under your belt.
      Yeah, that's right

      About 44 hours left until the winner is announced. I think everyone knows who it's going to be.

        Loading editor
    • One True Slash wrote:
      TheIndependent40 wrote:
      One True Slash wrote:
      Maybe. I think it's safe to say that you now have two competiton wins under your belt.
      Yeah, that's right
      About 44 hours left until the winner is announced. I think everyone knows who it's going to be.

      Yeah, they do.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.