|For Smaller Easter Eggs in other GTA games, see Smaller Easter Eggs.|
- In the Los Santos cemetery there is graffiti that only appears during 8:00 pm to 6:00 am. The graffiti reads "Families 4 Life."
- Another one of Rockstar Games' jokes, instead of M-A-R-T-I-A-L, Cobra Marital Arts is spelled M-A-R-I-T-A-L, probably as a reference to "Marital," as in "Marital aids."
- Shooting The Moon with a Sniper Rifle causes it to change size (Normal Size-Bigger-Bigger-Smaller-Bigger-Normal Size.) This Easter egg previously appeared in GTA III and Vice City.
- On top of the Gant Bridge, there is a sign that reads "There are no Easter eggs up here. Go away." Near the bridge, there is also a sign board about bridge facts.
- It is not a rare occurrence that several stars in the sky form the Logo of Rockstar.
References to other video games
- During Catalina's Robbery Missions, when the player robs the Gasso gas station, the cutscene shows a close-up of the bulletproof glass. There is a small sticker on it that says "Max Pane Bulletproof Glass." This is a reference to another one of Rockstar's video game series, Max Payne.
References to other media
- J Bond Bail Bonds can be found. The first two words of that bond company can refer to James Bond, making it James Bond Bail Bonds.
- In the movie theater in Verona Beach, Los Santos, the movie listings sign shows a movie called Reservoir Dregs. This is a reference to the film Reservoir Dogs.
- At the movie theater in Hashbury, San Fierro, the movie listing sign says Wizard of Ass, an obscene reference to the film The Wizard of Oz.
References to the real world
- The Blackfield Chapel is based on the Guardian Angel Cathedral in Las Vegas.
- The Garver and Kincaid bridges in San Fierro are exact replicas of the Forth road and rail bridges in Scotland. Rockstar North is based in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.