|For the Easter Egg in other GTA games, see Signs.|
Signs are a form of Easter egg in the Grand Theft Auto series. They take the form of messages that were deliberately placed by game developers for the players to find, and they are usually ironic or humorous. They have always been hidden in secret and hard to get to places. There is always, at least, one sign in each game that sometimes leads to other Easter eggs.
- On the top of the Gant Bridge (one should use a Jetpack or a plane to go there,) there is a sign that reads "There are no Easter Eggs up here. Go away." The Gant Bridge Visitor Center nearby also has other humorous signs regarding the bridge, such as disc space of 1.27MB.
- There is a sign to do with Zombies in Zombotech Corporation in San Fierro.
- In the cemetery in Hashbury, San Fierro, all of the gravestones read "RIP Opposition 1997-2004." This is a reference to Rockstar's rivalry with other video game companies, and how they have not been able to release a video game better than GTA since 1997 when GTA 1 was released.
- There is a sign next to the Bridge Facts sign saying "ACTUAL PIECE OF CABLE."
- There is some graffiti writing in the Los Santos Cemetery (nicknamed the Ghost Graffiti) that can be found on a wall behind the mausoleum, the name it got as "ghost" is from its tendency to appear and disappear, at the exact in-game time of 20.00 at night the graffiti will appear and will last until 6.00 in the morning when it disappears.
- Around San Fierro, there are signs with Unbelievably Steep written on them, remarking how big is the difference of heights in the terrain the city was built on.