Talk page rules apply here.
This noticeboard is for discussion and voting on changes to the wiki, reporting vandalism and wiki rule breaking, and filing complaints regarding GTA Myths Wiki staff.
For requests for promotion, please go to GTA Myths Wiki:Requests for promotion.
For requests to change a myth's existence go to GTA Myths Wiki:Existence Status Requests.
Since voting about a change can cause arguments, here are the rules.
- Every User can cast a vote (exceptions may apply, see Bureaucrat Only Decisions.)
- Anyone can start a topic for a community vote.
- Please be civil when voting, and never condemn another user's vote.
- Voting usually lasts 3 to 5 days.
- To vote or add a request you must have at least 100 edits, have been an active user on the wiki for at least one month, and be in good standing with no Blocks within the past month on your record.
New Nominations for Protected Wiki Heritage
I've been going through some of the articles, and I have come across a few myths that I believe should be protected under the aforementioned policy.
The proposed myths include:
|This discussion is a Bureaucrat Only Vote. Any user may leave a comment.|
- Yes, all three - Boomer8 (Contact) 08:56, January 29, 2019 (UTC)
- Big NO, all three - Mantiix (talk) 17:08, January 29, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes, all 3--Sasquatch101 (talk) 01:38, February 5, 2019 (UTC)
- I highly disbelieve in both Ratman GTA IV version and Big Smoke's ghost. By the way, Big Smoke's ghost is not even investigated fully to have a locked existence label, and locking an UNLIKELY label is not a good idea because it can be busted anytime and that can just cause more work to us. The same is with Goatman, it is very investigated and popular, so the existence label can change anytime. - Mantiix (talk) 17:08, January 29, 2019 (UTC)
- I don't understand why you are against protecting these myths other than personally not believing in them. The PWH policy was intended for both Possible and Unlikely myths. Piggsy is protected under PWH and its Unlikely. Big Smoke's Ghost has been investigated for nearly 15 years now, and I don't anticipate a breakthrough comming anytime soon. The same goes for the other two. As far as I'm concerned, these myths will only suffer from degradation if they remain unprotected. Boomer8 (Contact) 02:43, January 31, 2019 (UTC)
- Not like my comment means much, but... Ratman would be a perfect contender for PWH as it is basically one of the defining myths in the whole series, and I'm in fact surprised that it wasn't included in the original batch. Big Smoke's Ghost is another major and popular myth, but like Mant said, there is still much that needs to be investigated, and the page could use a big improvement as well, so any protections should be held off for now. - Gunshow (T, E)
- These articles merit special protective status. We could debate the myth existence status forever... There will never be certain closure on whether these myths are 100% real or not. I belive each one is a "classic" regarding their statuses being Possible which is basically neutral. There are dozens of myths on the wiki labeled as Possible and probably will never be fully proven nor disproved so I see no reason for an endless circle jerk on investigating these myths. --Sasquatch101 (talk) 01:38, February 5, 2019 (UTC)